*Originally published on Ingrid Timm’s Domain by Ingrid Timm
I recently decided to no longer have an apple phone and, for the most part, transfer my stuff over to google. The main issue I ran into was how to transfer my contacts over! I tried the recommended ways and could not get them to work. Eventually I came across a system that worked great and that is what I am going to share with you in this article.
- 1. Make sure your contacts are synced to icloud. You can do this on your phone under settings, then click your name at the top and find contacts.
- 2. Go to www.icloud.com and log in. Apple will make you verify that it’s you by typing in a 6 digit code they send you.
- 3. Once in, click the contacts icon.
- 4. Go to the bottom left corner on the screen and select the settings gear.
- 5. Hit the option “export vCard” This will export all your contacts as a special file on your computer.
- 6. Go to https://contacts.google.com/ and make sure you are logged in to the right email.
- 7. On the left side there are lists of options. Select “More” and then from the drop down list select “Import”
- 8. From the options you will select “CSV or vCard file”
- 9. Hit “SELECT FILE”
- 10. Find the vCard file that you downloaded earlier and select that.
- 11. Hit “IMPORT”
- 12. Sit back and look at all your contacts now on Google!
Like what you’ve read? Check out Ingrid Timm’s blog for more!